There will never be another you- Chapter 10

 Khushi was looking was looking flustered and embarrassed. She tried to move away from Arnav but he held her close firmly and looked at Akash as if nothing had happened.

"What happened Akash?"

"I am really sorry bhai and bhabi. The door was open. I came in search of Payal. Buaji was looking for her. " Akash said fighting a smile.

"She went to help Di with something. You will find her downstairs. " Arnav replied in a normal tone.

"Ok.. Sorry once again. And bhai I will close the door while leaving, you guys can continue what you were doing." Akash winked playfully and left from there closing the door behind him. 

Khushi looked here and there refusing to meet his eyes. He lifted her chin upward, looked straight into her eyes, his eyes reflected tenderness when he smiled. She smiled back. 

"Still angry with me?" He asked in a small voice gently caressing her soft cheek with his thump. 

"Not angry.. I am afraid."

"Afraid of what Khushi?"

"Afraid that ... I don't know." she couldn't say my heart will be broken in the end . she cannot just tell him he has the power to break her heart. The care and tenderness in his eyes told her he won't hurt her, but she refuse to believe it. 

"You are afraid that I might hurt you again na? Khushi I promise I won't do it again. That day I swear I didn't mean it.  Please forgive me."

"No need to apologize again Arnavji. It is ok. Let's forget it."



 She laid her head on his chest and hugged him. He hugged her back and stayed like that for few minutes enjoying the bliss they were feeling.

"Khushi I know we need to talk. With functions at home and work we didn't get time . We will sit and talk clearly so that there shouldn't be any misunderstanding in future. hmmm?"

"hmmm." 

"Thank you for wearing this Khushi. You look gorgeous in this dress. When I saw you in this dress, I couldn't stop myself from kissing you. " 

Khushi smiled against his chest and hugged him more firmly. Both of them didn't want to leave each other. He will be leaving for Lucknow tomorrow morning for 4 days and the wedding was just 15 days away. 

"Khushi please come with me to Lucknow know?"

She lifted her head from his chest and looked at him.

"No Arnavji. Wedding is just 15 days away. Its not good to leave everything and go. I have to help Di with the shopping and other things."

She was overwhelmed with emotions when Naniji asked Panditji to suggest a wedding date before Khushi's semester break is over so that she can enjoy the wedding freely. It is the first time in life she felt, she is an important member in a family. 

Hari Prakash knocked the door and informed them Rathores are about to leave. They moved away from each other and went downstairs.

 Arnav was leaving straight to Lucknow from the farmhouse tomorrow morning. So Akash happily took the responsibility to drop Guptas home. 

Anjali, Khushi and Arnav stayed back in the farmhouse, once Arnav leaves for Lucknow Anjali and Khushi will be going back to Raizada house with the driver. Nani, Mama and Mamiji left in another car after Rathores left. After bidding good bye to everyone, Anjali, Arnav and Khushi went to their respective rooms to take rest.

After resting for a while Anjali went to the terrace with a cup of coffee to enjoy the evening breeze.




Her thoughts went to the the man to whom she got engaged today. He didn't promise her a life with bed of roses, he didn't promise her to love her unconditionally yet he promised to care and protect her as long as they are married. As if he sensed her thoughts his name flashed on her phone display. 

"Hey, did you reach home?" She asked with a smile. 

"Yes. before 20 minutes. what are you doing?" 

"Nothing. just looking at the farm from the terrace. What about you?"

"taking rest after the long drive. Something came up that is why I called you."

"what happened?" 

"Our engagement pictures are on the online news portals. I don't know how."

" WHAT? How is it possible. We did everything carefully. Media was not aware of this."

"Yes. But someone clicked the pictures and passed on to the media.  "

"Now what?"

"Leave it.  It has been removed. Thankfully only one online portal have published it. Before it was spread, the PR team handled it. Now no need to discuss this with elders, I will talk to Arnav after sometime." 

"hmm. Ok. I think this will carry on for a while.  Let us talk about something else. tell me something."

"hmm?"

"How many girlfriends you had?"

Shivaay smiled and replied putting his body weight on his elbow.





"5 , three in school, two in collage."

"In school also you had girlfriend?" She asked in amusement.

"Why? You didn't have any?" 

"No. I never had a boyfriend. "

He wondered how is it possible for someone as beautiful as Anjali didn't get any love proposals.

"You regret it now?" He asked after a pause. 

"Yes. I wish I would have enjoyed my life rather than trying to be perfect. "

"Don't tell me no one approached you in your school or collage days. "

"Yes, few did. But I turned them down. " She said casually.

"Why ?"

"Because at that time we were living with Mama-mami and Nani. They were looking after our expenses. Our family was very orthodox and love and all was a crime . And the girls who does love marriage was ungrateful, shameful and selfish according to the society. At that time I also believed it. I don't want to make them feel like I am ungrateful. So I studied well. Topped in every exam, did n't ask for anything unless it is absolutely necessary. " He could sense her regret and pain.

"That is why you accepted your ex-husband's proposal?"

"Yes. I didn't like him much. But I didn't have any strong reason to reject him also. So I accepted it. It was the biggest mistake."

"Anjali.."

"Hmm.."

"After marriage please don't live the way you did before. You don't have to take the pressure of being perfect. We both are not doing any favors on each other. We both are equals. I want you to remember that always."

His words warmed her heart.

"Thank you Shivaay. " She said with a smile.

"Don't be so formal, we are friends right?"

"Hmm. Ok. No thanks then.  I was thinking I will take a long leave from collage."

"Why? Did Principal or anyone say something?" He turned serious suddenly.

 "No no. How will they something? You are the trustee. But I think I should take a break. "

"Anjali, if you want a break you can go for it. But don't do that if it is because of the gossip. In that way you will be proving the gossip is true. We didn't do anything wrong. Then why should you hide from people? If you don't want to teach old students then you can take classes for the freshers batch once the collage reopens next month. "

"No. That's ok. I will teach the same students. " He was right. Why should she hide? 

"Good."

"You take rest I will call later. Ok."

"Bye take care."

"You too.."

She finished her coffee and joined her brother and his wife in the courtyard. She told Arnav about the pictures leaked online.

"I don't know how is it even possible chote. Only immediate family members were present and the staff we hired were not allowed to attend the ceremony. They were only there to cater and serve. what if any one of the staff sneaked in to click pictures?"

"I don't think so Di." Arnav said after looking on his mobile screen. 

"Why Chote?"

"Shivaay sent me the leaked pictures. From the angle in which pictures are clicked shows it is not clicked by hiding somewhere. Since only family was present we cannot suspect anyone. We have to be very careful for the upcoming functions. Right now Shivaay handled it. But I need to find out who is behind this. "

Arnav and Anjali walked through the courtyard followed by Khushi discussing about the marriage and shopping. Khushi's mind was elsewhere. 

She heard Madhumati talking to someone on phone about some pictures. Was it buaji? Why should she do that? If she is the one who sold those pictures to the media,  what will Arnavji do if he comes to know about it? It will be shameful to her father and family.  She silently prayed don't let the person be buaji. 

--------------------------------

Khushi looked at her restless buaji who was continuously eyeing her phone. Arnav left for Lucknow before two days. Making an excuse to Naniji she came to meet her family. She need to find out if buaji was the one who leaked those pictures.

"What happened buaji? Why are you so worried?" she asked Madhumati.

"Why am I worried? Who else will worry for my family?  You got everything in your life right? A rich husband and after studies you will join their company also. What about my Payalia? " Madhumati lashed out.

"Gigi is searching for a job now know buaji. I am sure she will get a good job." Khushi replied camly.

"She would have got a good job much before if you were grateful to this family."

"What do you mean by that buaji?"

"Don't be so innocent. You husband owns a company and still your sister is searching for a job everywhere. If you loved your sister that much, you should have talked to your husband. "

Khushi silently listened when buaji continue to blame her for being ungrateful.

"Gigi is right Khushi. You should have talked to your husband. " Garima supported buaji like always.

"Stop it , will you both? " Shashi intervened when his sister went too far to blame Khushi. 

"Why are you trying make us silent? You wasted your entire life helping poor and homeless people including this girl. Now what she will loose if she ask her husband to give a Job to Payal?"

Her buaji and father continued their argument. Her sister went to an interview and she didn't wait for her to come back. She left from there after sometime with a heavy heart. 

Mohan dropped her home and she walked towards the entrance absentmindedly. She also thought about talking to Arnav regarding Payal's job before the Rajasthan trip, but then she felt it is not right. If this was a real marriage then she could have asked for his help. She was not feeling bad because of buaji's taunt, she was feeling bad for her sister. Her sister was really struggling for a job. And she will never ask her to help. And she really want to help her. But she doesn't want to take help from Arnav. What will she do now?

She was so lost in her thoughts and didn't see Akash coming from opposite side. She crashed onto him.

"Oh. I am so sorry Akash."

"Its ok bhabi. Is everything ok? You look upset." Akash smiled at her and asked. 

"Nothing like that. I just came back from my Mayka. I am little sad that I couldn't meet my sister. " 

"She was not at home?" He asked her in confusion.

"No. She went for an interview. "

"Why didn't you tell me she was looking for a job? When we went to the valuation camp also she didn't mention anything to me. She can join our company anytime. Why she is searching for a job anywhere else?"

"Its not like that Akash. She want to make it her own. " Khushi tried to reason.

"Oho Bhabi. She is qualified and smart. We will do her interview first then only we will appoint her. Ask her to send CV to the HR. I will whatsapp you the email id. I will handle the rest. "

Akash left tying away on his phone with a smile. Little did Khushi knew that Akash had her own plan to bring Payal on board.

Love,

ST



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Blurred Colors : One Shot

There will never be another you - Chapter 13

Chapter 35