There will never be another you - Chapter 13

Arnav watched the mesmerizing dance performance of his wife in awe. She was dancing to the song Taal se Taal.  Her moves were agile, graceful, creative, intricate, polished, rhythmic and what not. It is the first time he saw her dancing. 


She looked at him in mischievous smile when she danced for the next stanza.


Maana anjaan hai tu mere vaaste (I agree that you're a stranger for me)
Maana anjaan hoon main tere vaaste (I agree that I'm a stranger for you)
Maana anjaan hai tu mere vaaste (I agree that you're a stranger for me)
Maana anjaan hoon main tere vaaste (I agree that I'm a stranger for you)
Main tujhko jaan loon (Let me understand you)
Tu mujhko jaan le (You try to understand me)
Aa dil ke paas aa (Come closer to my heart)
Is dil ke raaste  (From the path that leads to my heart)
Joh tera haal hai (What your condition is)
Woh mera haal hai (The same condition is mine)
Is haal se haal mila ... (Match your condition with my condition)

As she swayed, She took one look at the smirk on his face. Just then the small smirk on his face turned into a mile-wide one.



It was evident that dancing made her happy.  she loves to celebrate. Still she decided not to celebrate her own wedding. Asked him to keep it simple without any pre wedding celebrations. At that time he thought maybe she liked it that way. But now he knows her better, because of family she was forced to do that. They made her feel like she didn't deserve to get married in a grand way like any other girl. 

Anger bubbled within him thinking about the unfairness she faced in her life. Claps from everyone made him come out of his thoughts. She looked at him with raising her eyebrow as if asking what happened suddenly. He nodded his head in negative with a smile and clapped along with everyone.  

It was the sangeet ceremony of Anjali and Shivaay. As they decided to do Mehndi and Haldi ceremony separately in their own houses, Nani suggested a sangeet ceremony before it. Only the families of bride and groom, Guptas and their close friends were present at the venue. From the bride's side Khushi performed and from groom's side Shivaay's mother performed Kathak. It was an enjoyable evening for everyone.

--------
Anjali was enjoying her mother in law's performance when she felt his eyes on her. She looked sideways to meet his eyes. 



 His wide-eyed and bright smile made her heart flip. He rarely smile like that. 

"Why are you looking at me like that?" She asked with a small smile.

" You are going to be my wife in 2 days, seems like forgot that tiny detail? I have the right to look at you."

He replied playfully.

"Is it? Then go ahead?" Anjali challenged him. 

"Go ahead with what?"

"You were thinking about complimenting me right? Go ahead.. Compliment my look" She asked in mock confidence.

She could read him so well. Their friendship grew stronger in the last month. They were so comfortable in each others presence. She was like a light cool breeze in his life. A gush of fresh air for which he was craving like forever. The way she fitted so well in his life was surprising. He started looking forward for their life together. 

"We have decided to be honest about our thoughts about this relationship right? Then tell me honestly."

Her words had a challenge in it. 

She wants honesty. then fine. He smiled and locked his eyes with hers.

"No human being, since the world began, has ever looked more ravishing than you." Came his sincere thought. 

"So do you," she said instantly, and then felt a blush working its way up her neck.

Her eyes went back to the stage as she tried to hide her embarrassment for saying it loudly.

They didn't say anything after that until he and his family left. She was bit disappointed when he didn't try to make a conversation with her after her reply to his compliment. 

But just 2 minutes after he left , her phone beeped. Will meet you after 2 days directly @mandap. till then Bye..  

She smiled and replied a good night with a smiling eyes emoji.

One more message came from him when she was about to sleep. It contained an audio file. It was a song.

Bruno Mars - Just The Way You Are . I was listening to this one. Thought of sharing it with you..

She paid attention to the lyrics as the song Just the way you are played.

Oh, her eyes, her eyes, make the stars look like they're not shining
Her hair, her hair, falls perfectly without her trying 
She's so beautiful, and I tell her every day

Yeah, I know, I know, when I compliment her she won't believe me
And it's so, it's so, sad to think that she don't see what I see
But every time she asks me do I look ok, I say

When I see your face, there's not a thing that I would change
Cause you're amazing, just the way you are
And when you smile, the whole world stops and stares for a while
Because girl you're amazing, just the way you are. Yeah.

Her lips, her lips, I could kiss them all day if she let me
Her laugh, her laugh, she hates but I think it's so sexy
She's so beautiful, and I tell her every day

Oh, you know, you know, you know, I'd never ask you to change
If perfect's what you're searching for then just stay the same
So, don't even bother asking if you look ok
You know I'll say

When I see your face, there's not a thing that I would change
Cause you're amazing, just the way you are
And when you smile, the whole world stops and stares for a while
Because girl you're amazing, just the way you are
The way you are, the way you are
Girl you're amazing, just the way you are

When I see your face, there's not a thing that I would change
Cause you're amazing, just the way you are
And when you smile, the whole world stops and stares for a while
Cause girl you're amazing, just the way you are. Yeah.


Was he trying to be nice? It was true that she didn't believe him when he complimented her. 

She was a normal girl- a professor nothing like Tripti Roy who always look like a model. 

The thoughts about his ex is made her insecure. 

Hey did you like the song? 

The beep sound of his message broke her chain of thoughts.

So he wants to play. She smiled and sent an audio file from her music folder as a reply.

Tapping his fingers impatiently on the chair's armrest, Shivaay waited for her reply. He knew she didn't believe when he complimented her. He couldn't find the reason for her insecurity. She is beautiful, intelligent and an independent lady. Maybe because of her failed marriage.  

They have already laid the foundation of their relation- friendship. He look forward to spend time with her. They talk and share about their everyday life. He never thought he will expose his playful and flirty side of  him to anyone after ...... No he didn't want to think about his past. He will not revisit those painful memories. 

His phone beeped. 

It had an audio file and a text    Good one.. How about this? 

He couldn't stop smiling as he played the song-Dear future husband 

Dear future husband
Here's a few things you'll need to know if you wanna be
My one and only all my life
Take me on a date
I deserve a break
And don't forget the flowers every anniversary
'Cause if you'll treat me right
I'll be the perfect wife
Buying groceries
Buy-buying what you need
You got that 9 to 5
But, baby, so do I
So don't be thinking I'll be home and baking apple pies
I never learned to cook
But I can write a hook
Sing along with me
Sing-sing along with me (hey)
You gotta know how to treat me like a lady
Even when I'm acting crazy
Tell me everything's alright
Dear future husband
Here's a few things you'll need to know if you wanna be
My one and only all my life
Dear future husband
If you wanna get that special loving
Tell me I'm beautiful each and every night
After every fight
Just apologize
And maybe then I'll let you try and rock my body right
Even if I was wrong
You know I'm never wrong
Why disagree?
Why, why disagree?
You gotta know how to treat me like a lady
Even when I'm acting crazy
Tell me everything's alright
Dear future husband
Here's a few things you'll need to know if you wanna be
My one and only all my life
Dear future husband
Make time for me
Don't leave me lonely
And no, we'll never see your family more than mine
I'll be sleeping on the left side of the bed 
Open doors for me and you might get some kisses
Don't have a dirty mind
Just be a classy guy
Buy me a ring
Buy-buy me a ring, babe
You gotta know how to treat me like a lady
Even when I'm acting crazy
Tell me everything's alright 
Dear future husband
Here's a few things you'll need to know if you wanna be
My one and only all my life
Dear future husband
If you wanna get that special loving
Tell me I'm beautiful each and every night
Oh, whoa
Future husband, better love me right

So Anjali Raizada loves to flirt and to be flirted back. He pressed the replay symbol with a grin. 
Both of them fell asleep listening to the songs sent to each other. 


-----------------------------

Khushi dropped into the chair and immediately began to remove her jewelry with a sigh. It was a tiring day but she enjoyed a lot. Other than solving jigsaw puzzle, She was fond of dancing from childhood. When she expressed her wish to learn dancing to her father, Buaji heard it and stopped him from giving her money for the classes. But she used to dance for Bollywood songs inside her room whenever buaji was not home. 

She used to participate in school annual day without the knowledge of buaji. She liked to dance infront of audience. The claps from the audience used to boost her confidence as an orphan. When Naniji asked if she can perform in the sangeet, she immediately agreed. She was looking forward to hear his comments after the dance. But she couldn't find time in between the function to have a word with him privately. 

She removed her bangles and put it back in the box lazily. Then she need to remove that dozens of hair pins also before sleep. Oh God.. too much work.. 

"Need help?" Came her husband's husky voice from her back.

 He was standing close and she was startled by a desire to be swept into his arms and sleep. 

She nodded her approval with a smile.

His gaze strolling over her face absently as he gently touched her ear to remove her earring. She closed her eyes as his fingers brushed against her earlobe. He removed both earrings and ran his fingers over the garland of jasmine flowers in her hair.



He removed the hair pin bun and the ghajra without hurting her. There were dozens of pin which held her hair together. As her removed the last pin , her lush hair tumbled down. He couldn't stop himself from running his fingers through the length of her silky hair. He brought a handful of her lush hair to his nose to inhale the wonderful smell of jasmine. Khushi's breathing quickened and she leaned backwards to touch his body. 

"I never knew my wife dances so beautifully." He whispered in her ear causing goosebumps to rise on her skin and she shivered. Upon receiving silence of two minutes and no further action from his side after the compliment she opened her eyes. He was standing silently looking at her. Their eyes met, her eyes widened in confusion while his eyes reflected delight. 

"Why don't you take classes?"

"huh?" She did understand what he was saying. 

"Dance classes?" 

"Oh.. I wanted to.. But it was long back.. "

"Khushi.. can you promise me something? Can you promise me that you will tell me no.. you will command me with full authority of a wife if you want something.? " He asked her seriously.

"Why are you like this when you are with me Arnavji?" His wife raised another question in response to his question.

"Like what?" 

"Everyone in the family says you are stubborn, you doesn't like attention, you are very difficult to understand etc. But you are not like that with me. You are soft, understanding, and patient. It's like I am seeing a different version of you." 

She had a cute pout on her face when she said that. In response he took her small hands in his big and hard ones.

"Whatever you heard is right Khushi.. I am tough and stubborn, doesn't like attention but that all are for the outside world. Not for family. "

"But you are still not the same with other family members also." She was not in a mood to change the topic.

"Acha .. can you explain?"

"Di and Nani told me whenever you get sick, you won't allow anyone to take care of you. And also you like to do your chores by yourself. But with me you does unbelievable things to get my attention and also purposefully ask me to do your chores."

"Khushi.. you are a smart girl. Tell me why would I want these from you, When I never wanted those from anyone else?

When his question met with a long silence his index finger lifted her chin and kissed her forehead.


Love,

ST

 





 











Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Blurred Colors : One Shot

Chapter 35