Chapter 10






Anjali was going downstairs to refill the water in the jug. It was 1.30 am she looked at the wall clock in the dim night light and yawned. She halted seeing Arnav sitting alone on the stairs with a painful expression on his face.

"Chote..."

His sisters voice shook him from his melancholy.

"Why are you not asleep yet? What is wrong?

Anjali placed the jug on the ground and sat beside him. Hearing no reply from her brother she placed her hand on his shoulder in a comforting manner and asked again.

"Kya hua hai Chote?"

"I called Khushi today.."

Anjali looked at him confused thinking who might have given Khushi's new Indian number. She did not voice her question seeing him in despair.

"What did she tell?"

"Kuch nahi.. She cut the call hearing my voice"

"Phir se try nahi kiya?"

"Kiya naa...  bohot baar... she did not pick . After 5th time she switched off her mobile."

"You were not expecting her to talk to you like a long lost lover right? It is not going to be easy.. Then why are so upset?

"I am not upset because of that Di. I did not talk for few minutes when she picked up the call first time. I knew she will cut the call if she recognize my voice. I heard she was busy with something. In between her multiple hellos I heard her talking to someone. She was happy. "

"You don't want her to be happy?"

"of course I want her to be happy Di.. It is just I feel very bad that I am not the one who is responsible for her happiness. I know I don't have any right to ask her for a second chance, but she is still the one who has my heart di. Khushi hai woh ladki jiske bina meri saasein ruk jaayegi...But still I made her suffer so much.. Now when she is in a happy phase how can I be selfish again and ask for forgiveness. I screwed up big time "

"Then why didn't you come back in the last 3 years chote.. ?"

"I was afraid Di.. afraid to face her after doing enough damage to her life, I didn't have the balls to stand infront of her..  When I came to know about Garima Aunt's truth, I wanted to go away , I thought I can live with that, but when I went away i realized I can't get over her... Nothing matters.. Only our love mattered, by the time I realized it the damage was done.."

Anjali listened to her brother's words silently, she felt his pain. The innocent people -her chote and Khushi was punished for the mistake her father had committed. She wanted to say many things to her brother, maybe she can start a little today. 

"The truth was not what dadi told everyone  chote..."

Arnav looked at his sister in Shock. What was she saying? Dadi told Garima aunty was responsible of his mother's truth. 

"what are you saying Di?"

She looked at her brother and sighed .. this is going to be a long night..She rested her back against the wall and looked at Arnav's shocked face and started telling what exactly happened after he left for London.


..................................................................

    It was one week since the remarriage was cancelled. Anjali started feeling some changes in Shyam's behavior. He was acting like the authority of the house. Nani never came out of her room after that incident. After a series of drama Akash and Payal also moved out. Akash and Arnav's absence boosted Shyam's confidence. Anjali started feeling uneasy seeing Shyam withdrawing so much money from her personal account on regular basis. There was a call from the bank also inquiring about the unusual transactions from her personal bank account which increased her suspicion. She decided to keep an eye on him. 

It was one Sunday afternoon, Anjali was sitting in the corner of the terrace in Shantivan. She heard some footsteps approaching. 

"Aapne Anjali se baat kiya?" 

"nahi damadji.. I will talk to her when the time is right. She is very much devastated  over the unpleasant events happened recently.."

"But the other investors won't wait until then dadiji.. I don't have much time. And whatever I am doing is for mine and Anjali's future only"

"Ok then .. I will ask her to give you the power of attorney for all the properties in her name.. After all you are the one who is left to take care of everything. Both Arnav and Akash already left this family. Anjali is not capable to handle all these things. In all means you are the rightful person. "

"That is what i was also saying dadi.. These properties and business in Delhi cannot be left unattended right? Now when the evil shadow of that Khushi is out of this house, I think it is the right time to take over everything and show my loyalty towards this family.."

"Bilkul damadji..Since the time you told me how that girl khushi was trying to seduce you and Chote , I was planning against her. When I came to know garima is her maasi I acted like I forgived her and planned my revenge. I wanted Khushi to be humiliated in the same way my Anjali bitiya was humilited before 10 years. That is why I lied to chote that Garima was already aware of my son being married and has two children,  thereby making her the other women in his father's life.  At last my son's soul will rest in peace. You both can live peacefully here now. And chote will forget that girl eventually... he will understand she was not right for her..."

    Anjali stood there frozen hearing the conversation between her dadi and her husband. She moved without making any noise  to the farthest corner of the terrace hiding herself from them. Angry tears started flowing from her eyes.. They both manipulated the truth and tricked all of them to complete their plan.

Love,

ST























Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Blurred Colors : One Shot

There will never be another you- Chapter 11

There will never be another you - Chapter 13