Chapter 9


    Vijay entered The Oberoi Patisserie & Delicatessen and saw Arnav waiting for him in a corner away from other tables. Vijay went  sat opposite him.  After apologizing for being late for few minutes they placed their respective orders. Arnav was not sure how to broach the topic keeping awkwardness out of the conversation. He was sitting infront of his sister's lover and also his wife's godfather. 

"I hope you did not inform Di about our meeting" Arnav started to ease the uncomfortable silence. 

"No.. I didn't... I told her I am unwell and going home. She will be busy attending  supplier meeting on my behalf. "

"I didn't know that she can handle these serious type of meetings."
 
"She is far better than me in handling those type of meetings. "

Arnav waited for a while before saying anything further.

"Thank you.." he finally said.

"For what ?" Vijay asked confused

"For helping my family to deal with that snake and"

"Mr. Raizada... "

"Please .. let me finish.. and its Arnav not Mr. Raizada" he said in small voice. 

Vijay gave him a small smile and asked him to continue.

"I thought my Di was not strong enough to accept the truth of her husband. that's y I always kept the truth away from her. But I was pleasantly surprised seeing her came in terms with the bad things happened in her life. I know you are behind that change in my Di. And I want to thank you for that. Not only for that ... for giving support and guidance to my...."  he paused and continued

"........Khushi when I mercilessly pushed her into darkness. I know she is now staying with your family. "

"Arnav I understand your concern about Anjali, that's why I agreed to meet you without informing her. But I am not getting why your conversation is heading towards Khushi"

"She is my wife.."

"She was your wife...She is no longer bound to you.." 

"You knew very well I came here to ask about Khushi also".

"Why? your detective didn't give you any details.."

Arnav was taken back but did not show it in his face.

"So you knew it? Still I got all your information, means you let them take out your details.. Then how come Khushi's details are hidden. you did not want me to find Khushi's whereabouts.. Why? "

"For the same reason you put detective behind me.."

"Matlab?"

"you were concerned about your sister Arnav, so am I"

"I am not going to cause her any harm..I love her"

"You are telling me or trying to convince yourself? "

" I don't want to convince you anything.. "

"Then why are you here.."

Then he stopped seeing the waiter came back with their order. He placed the coffee mugs on the table and left. 

"I... I need to know why Khushi was staying away from her family and why did she leave India."

"Your did not ask your brother , sister or Payal about it?"

"Of course I asked but they refused to answer me"

"Well .. I also refuse to answer that .."

    Arnav was losing his temper hearing the straight refusal tone from Vijay. He took long deep breath to control his temper. Since the day he landed everyone is blocking his way towards Khushi. Seeing Arnav quite for a few minutes Vijay took out his phone and typed something, then he placed mobile on the table top and looked straight into Arnav's eyes.

"Arnav... We are not trying to hide anything from you. It is just.. There are a few things which should be shared by Khushi itself. Your detective did not get any details about her because she don't want anyone to find out. And we all respect her decision. That's why we all refused to answer you. if you want to know about the details ask her yourself. She will be visiting Lucknow soon"

"I cannot wait until next week"

"I just forwarded you her contact number , you talk to her directly and ask her if you both can meet.."

"It's not that easy ... She won't agree to meet.."

"Then you can go to my home and can see her. I will tell my parents you are coming to meet Khushi.."

"No.. I thought about visiting her there, but  don't want a drama at your home.  I don't know how she will react."

"What exactly you want Arnav?"

"I want her back.. I want my wife.."

"Why now?"

    Arnav did not answer his question. Vijay knows they were not even friends so he won't be sharing his feelings with him. He felt sorry for him. The past has damaged him so much. But he loves Khushi. He can see that in his eyes. 

"Arnav if you really want to win her back then go and directly talk to her. It won't be an easy task to woo her but still you can try. You cannot run away every time. If you want Anjali , myself or Payal can ask her if she wants to meet you. but if she refuses then you should respect her choice."

"No.. I will call and ask her"

"that's better..."

They started sipping their coffee and kept the conversation light asking about each other's business, family etc... 

"So how did you take the information you collected about me? Am I worthy of your Di?"

"What do you think?"

Vijay looked at him and said seriously " Arnav I love your sister, we met in a complicated situation when she was some one else's wife. But we came a long way after that.  It is a till death do us apart thing for me. And I want you to know that."

They smiled at each other , shook hands and left for their respective homes. Arnav felt relaxed hearing Vijay's parting words. His Di found someone really worthy of her.

Love,

ST






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Blurred Colors : One Shot

There will never be another you- Chapter 11

There will never be another you - Chapter 13